Product Manager (USA)
The Product Manager is responsible for driving the development and execution of the commercial marketing strategy for the TheraSmile System, its various applications/treatments, and also for the ancillary products that exist in the Mavrik product portfolio. This position plays a crucial role in building and sustaining growth of Mavrik’s TheraSmile Whitening treatment and involves both upstream and downstream competency. The successful candidate will be ready to immediately address and lead the go-to-market strategy, taking a front-seat ownership position in aggressively building above-market share growth in a variety of segments within the Dental space.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with VP, develop and execute integrated marketing plans to support new product launches and drive sales of existing products. Content and guidance for support materials could include advertisements, brochures, flyers, direct mail, package stuffers, website content, e-mail blasts, technique manuals, ordering guides, instructional videos, animations, social media content, and advertisements.
- Develop comprehensive market analysis to include all primary and secondary competitive review including pricing, packaging, competitive feature/benefit sets, value propositions. Develop specific talking points and competitive response to key players. Maintain up-to date knowledge of global market conditions and competitor information.
- Generate post-market surveillance studies on newer products to ensure product is performing to expectations. Present this data at key Management Review Meetings.
- Manage trade show presence at major trade shows, including coordination of booth space reservation, graphics design, collateral materials, set up and take down, and daily booth scheduling and presentations.
- Develop and help manage relationships with clinician consultants and clinical advisors.
- Leverage these relationships to review key marketing materials and to develop marketing content to include instructional videos, clinical case reports, and product presentations.
- Monitor, review and report on marketing initiatives and product portfolio results on a routine and periodic basis.
- Attend key industry trade shows and sponsored events as warranted.
- In conjunction with other members of commercial and operational team, generate forecasts for Mavrik products with emphasis on new product build forecasts. Interface with Operations to ensure adequate inventory is available to support product launches.
- In conjunction with VP and CFO, perform financial analysis and make recommendations on price increases, periodic product promotions, bundling opportunities, and tiered pricing scenarios.
- Manage ongoing and periodic product lifecycle management for the portfolio.
Education, Experience, Skills, & Abilities
- 5+ years Product Management experience in Dental market
- Proven success in product marketing, development, launch, and go-to-market success in Dental
- Comprehensive understanding of global Dental market – product and customer trends, market drivers
- Experience in creating messaging to support marketing activities including collateral materials, website, social, and digital campaigns
- Experience creating demand generation and opportunity acceleration programs
- Proven experience in developing, managing, and maintaining relationships with key customers as well as clinical champions.
- Working knowledge of relevant software applications to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High level product/project management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously with measured progress on multiple fronts.
- Ability to analyze complex problems or situations, develop comprehensive alternatives to address the problem, and formulate a concrete recommendation with supporting rationale.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Formal presentation skills including the ability to present in front of senior management, vendors (e.g., advertising agency), clinicians, and managerial peers.
- Leadership skills and the ability to be recognized externally as a key point person for the product portfolio.
- Ability to adapt strategies and focus as market conditions and company directives require.
- Must be comfortable with the dynamic nature of change in a rapidly growing organization.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently.
- Working understanding of the FDA and compliance requirements as well as international medical device regulatory processes.
- Proficient in desktop publishing programs such as Adobe InDesign.
- Proficient in CRM software.
- Ability to engage in some travel – estimated at 20-25%.
Reports to: Vice President, Sales & Marketing